International Concrete Sustainability Conference
November 15-16, 2011 - Doha, Qatar
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association and Grey Matter Consultancy hosted the 2011 International Concrete Sustainability Conference, November 15-16, 2011, in Doha, Qatar, at the Grand Hyatt.
The Concrete Sustainability Conference provided learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete manufacturing and construction.
Researchers, academics, students, engineers, architects, contractors, concrete producers, public works officials, material suppliers and concrete industry professionals attended and gave presentations. Topics included:
- Urban Heat Island Reduction – including light colored pavements, exterior cladding, green roofs and cool communities.
- Carbon Footprint and Embodied Energy– including energy efficient buildings, sustainable infrastructure, cement and concrete manufacturing.
- Sustainable Development Initiatives – including process and product innovations, green building rating systems and life cycle assessment.
- Recycled Materials – including ingredients, fuels and beneficial use of byproducts for cement and concrete production, challenges and opportunities.
- Performance-based Concrete – including extended service life, performance based specifications, durability, synergies and challenges.
- Government Initiatives – including economic stimulus and incentives for sustainable technologies, green building and infrastructure spending, energy legislation and carbon cap and trade programs.
- Private Initiatives – including sustainability initiatives by building owners and developers, opportunities and challenges of green building
NRMCA, based in Silver Spring, MD, represents the producers of ready mixed concrete and the companies that provide materials, equipment and support to the industry. It conducts education, training, promotion, research, engineering, safety, environmental, technological, lobbying and regulatory programs (www.nrmca.org).
Grey Matters Group of Companies is a Dubai-based professional entity established to serve the construction and concrete industries in the Gulf and Middle East regions. Grey Matters Consultancy conducts third party assessments, technical control, inspections, consultancy, training and certifications on Concrete Technology (www.greymatters.ws).
For more details about the Doha conference contact Rabih Fakih of Grey Matters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2011 International Concrete Sustainability Conference general and technical sessions provided learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete construction.
Click here to download the conference program.
Click here to download details of conference speakers and presentations.
Click here to view conference proceedings.